Fibre optic crimp / terminate tool kit..

I've always liked the AMP LightCrimp product. Never had any issues with it. Panduit has a new Corning CamLock style kit that has a VFL built into the tool. The addition of a VFL is an excellent idea and should be included in any kit you're looking into. I've seen several variation on the CamLock style, but never really used any other than in a demo situation, so really can't report on them.

Reply to
Justin
Loading thread data ...

Hi,

I'm looking for a fibre optic crimp / terminate tool kit which is good quality and does not cost too much (for multimode ST cable).

Thanks for any recommendations.

regards

Tor

Reply to
Tor Tveitane

"Justin" skrev i melding news:_K%pe.15$ snipped-for-privacy@okeanos.csu.net...

Thanks for the feedback, do you have any suggestions on where to find this at the best price?

Btw, what is your impression of signal loss for the LightCrimp system compared to the 'conventional' systems with epoxies and ovens..?

regards

Tor

Reply to
Tor Tveitane

"Justin" skrev i melding news:_K%pe.15$ snipped-for-privacy@okeanos.csu.net...

Thanks for the feedback, do you have any suggestions on where to find this at the best price (US webshop)?

Btw, what is your impression of signal loss for the LightCrimp system compared to the 'conventional' systems with epoxies and ovens..?

regards

Tor

Reply to
Tor Tveitane

As for where to buy, we buy all our stuff at either Greybar or Anxiter. Wouldn't know about any body else. Either of those would be tough to beat. As for the signal loss, the documentation says that they should be 0.8db or less per connector. When testing a link, we typically would get

0.7-2.0db loss for two connectors plus cable (depending on length). So I think they performed just fine. Personally, I don't think the comparison is on signal loss performance, but on cost (material/tools/consumables) and time (setup/termination/clean-up). Where the no-epoxy/no-polish type really excels and makes sense is on small quantities of terminations (less than 12). More than that, I'll get the oven out. But that's mostly because we already have all the tools and equipment to for hot-melt termination.
Reply to
Justin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.