Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
September 20, 2008, 4:19 am
rate this thread
Has anyone come across a cleaing tool for the optics in a driver/receiver.
We're finding that 10gig optics are a lot more picky on cleanliness than
1 gig optics. We use a Cletops for cleaning fiber ends, it seems we now
must clean the optics as well.
I've come across:
Huxcleaner and Ferrule Mate, both for cleaning in a fiber connector that
cleans the end of a connector while it is in a panel. Just wondering if
anyone has used these on the actual driver/receiver of a fiber transceiver.
- » Does anyone know of links/resources for using the Fluke CableIQ tester, besides
- — Newest thread in » LAN and Telecom Cabling
- » Caller ID stumper [telecom]
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum
- » 5 things to consider before buying Explosion Proof Camera
- — The site's Last Updated Thread. Posted in » General Home Automation