Dishnetwork as part of a structured cabling network

How can I connect two dual LNBs and then have 17 point in a structured cable network which allow me to connect recievers at any of the 17 points and have access to all channels. What type of switches and where can I source them?

Reply to
The Boss
Loading thread data ...

You might take a look at

formatting link
They have a nice paper catalog.

Reply to
Al Dykes

Reply to
Mark J

The only thing you can do is cable the system amd then call Dish. Dish Network stuff is proprietary.

CIAO!

Ed N.

Reply to
Ed Nielsen

Proprietary to whom?

STV is simple.

Reply to
Carl Navarro

To EchoStar.

Yes, DBS is simple, and if it were just a matter of one dish feeding several outlets a regular multiswitch would do (in this case, probably a dual amplifier and 2 or 3 multiswitches. The largest I've seen is 2x16. If he needs terrestrial as well as DBS, he would need a couple of 3x8s and a 3x4. Better yet would be to use a Spaun SBK 3203NF in conjunction with 3 SMK 2261F multiswitches.). But where he's looking at 2 satellites, that's a different story.

Unlike DTV (DirecTV), where everybody and their dog makes equipment (stacking equipment, receivers, multiswitches)(use a Holland or Terk 5x8 multiswitch to feed a couple of Hughes, an RCA, a Philips, a Sony and 3 DirecTV receivers) that makes the system work and you can mix-and-match all you want, with Dish Network you have to use Dish Network (EchoStar) equipment. Again that's for multi-sat systems.

That is THE reason I won't do a Dish Network system. I don't like being forced to use a particular manufacturer.

I don't know about the "Boss" thing.

CIAO!

Ed N.

Reply to
Ed Nielsen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.