Cell Tower Co-Location on Hospital Roof

We have a current co-location agreement with a cell carrier and after reviewing the agreement, it's evident that we are not getting the good end of the deal. The carrier is utilizing our last bit of electrical expansion and the area on the roof has a tendency to leak where they placed their tower. The money that we're getting is not worth the trouble. Long story short, we have another carrier that would like to co-locate with us and I would like to review the agreement to see if it's fair. Is there a resource to look at the market's going rate for cell tower co-location. Also, in our hospital, we have a number of dead cell spots where there is no service. Would it be out of line to request some sort of repeaters in our areas of weak signal strength? Any info is appreciated. Thanks TB

Reply to
Tbarrnes
Loading thread data ...

When I worked with a division of ITT back when they owned a bit of everything I got to work with one of the in house lawyers. I asked him why his base agreement was so out of line to the other party. His comment was if you start asking for the moon, the other side will many times feel good that you only wound up with half of it. If you start from zero, you may finish there.

Ask for any and everything you can think of. Ask them reasonably. Tell them your issues and ask them to address them. You never know what you might get.

Reply to
DLR

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.