Cat5 phone wall plates with post

Hi-

My house has Cat5 cables and plugs for all phone jacks. I have one of those phones that hangs on the wall, so it requires a wall plate with posts. In addition, where the cable connects to the inside of the wall plate, it looks as though there is a plug of some sort to make this connection.

I cannot find a wall plate with the posts at any hardware store in town. I also cannot find them online anywhere. Can someone point me in the right direction?

-Thanks T.

Reply to
Troy Daley
Loading thread data ...

I've bought the item I think you are asking for at Radio Shack. If the counter person is clueless ask to look at the catalog.

Reply to
Al Dykes

Google (or Froogle) for "wall phone jack" (with the quotes).

-Larry Jones

I always have to help Dad establish the proper context. -- Calvin

Reply to
lawrence.jones

Any home improvement center (got some Home Depots in your area? ;-) ) carries those in the low voltage electrical section. They are called

630-type wall plates. Be careful though: those are strictly for phones, I am not even sure they'll pass CAT3 test if you were to run it, let alone CAT5e (since you've mentioned CAT5 in your message). If CAT5 performance matters to you at these locations (VoIP phones?) you are better off by using somewhat more high-endish plates by structured cabling manufacturers like Hubbell or Commscope that receive your regular keystone-type jack of whatever category you like (CAT3, CAT5e, CAT6) and provide prongs for phone mounts at the same time. The other alternative would be to replace the regular screws that hold the plate with prong-screws, but I would have a hard time remembering where I've seen those last.

Good luck!

Reply to
Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com

If the counter person is clueless??? I thought that was a given.

Reply to
James Knott

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.