CableIQ vs. SignalTEK vs. Validator

I'm interested in purchasing a qualification tester to satisfy the requirements of one of my repeat customers. I realize that none of these perform certification tests, but the customer has already stated that Validator is sufficient for their purposes, and I verified with them that CableIQ will also suffice. I would like to get some opinions on these units from people who have experience with them.

In my research, I found a message from Carl Navarro leaning in the direction of the CableIQ because "it's a Fluke", and that he had "IQ envy". Do you still feel the same way Carl?

Reply to
Michael Quinlan
Loading thread data ...

Is it a Fluke or is it a Wavetek (whom Fluke bought awhile back)? In my opinion, either way you can't go wrong.

CIAO!

Ed N.

Michael Qu> I'm interested in purchasing a qualification tester to satisfy the

Reply to
Ed Nielsen

Yes, so I bought a PentaScanner. It's old, but trusty and it does the job I need it for. Besides, there's the Fluke software interface that most people accept.

Now I'm saving my pennies forthe next level, a DSP-4000 family.

Carl

Reply to
Carl Navarro

I ended up buying a CableIQ and am pretty happy with my purchase. For more information on what went into this decision, take a look at

formatting link
Thanks for your input guys.

BTW - during my research I discovered that it is Ideal that bought Wavetek.

Reply to
Michael Quinlan

Ideal bought the network test equipment equipment division, Fluke bought the voltage measurement division, and Acterna bought the RF measurement division.

CIAO!

Ed N.

Michael Qu> BTW - during my research I discovered that it is Ideal that bought > Wavetek.

Reply to
Ed Nielsen

Reply to
Michael Quinlan

Can't immediately answer that. I do know that given the choice, I would go with Wavetek above any other manufacturer. Not that I have anything against Fluke, PentaScanner, etc., I have just been a big fan of Wavetek for 20+ years. I do have my concerns, though, since Ideal acquired that line.

One place I looked at indicated that the LT8100A could "Easily upgrade to any LT 8000 Series cable tester."

I have an E-mail into Ideal to find out. I'll let you know.

CIAO!

Ed N.

Michael Qu> I noticed that the Wavetek LT8100A is less than 1/2 the price of other

Reply to
Ed Nielsen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.