Black Box...where's the hook?

O.K. So my customer found 1100 feet pull boxes of PVC and Plenum cable from Black Box for $80 and $180 per box with free shipping!!!

Yes it's 350 Mhz, yes it is CMR/CMP rated. Yes it comes in colors.

Sounds too good to be true, but I ordered 4.4 K for me and 4.4 K for him.

Hope the hook doesn't hurt too much.

Carl Navarro

Reply to
Carl Navarro
Loading thread data ...

It's been a while since I had to order cable at non project-specific prices, but isn't it still a decent price? It's a weird length, I agree, but $180/1100 feet could still be used for new/old stock cable circa

2003-ish. This does not mean it's a bad cable.
Reply to
Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com

No, that's the point. I sold 11,000 feet of 350Mhz cable in 2 jobs for September deivery and the current cable prices ranged from $90-130/M' for PVC and +$200 (203-220) for Plenum.

To get it for $72/M' with free shipping is pretty good. I just hope it works

Carl

Reply to
Carl Navarro

a) How come you got free shupping? They wanted $21 ground from me...

b) Froogle shows me some "Space Shuttle" plenium at a little less, but 1Kft... Anyone know re: it?

Reply to
David Lesher

I have no clue. When my customer called me, I asked him about shipping charges and he said they were free. He was originally going to buy 4 boxes of PVC, so I added 4 boxes to his for 8.

Here's the best part. I whined about losing my cable profit, so he sold me the 8 boxes at cost and I get to sell them back to him at a

1.3 mark.

What a country! Thanks Jim.

Carl

Reply to
Carl Navarro

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.