AMP's LightCrimp Plus system..

Hi,

How does AMP's LightCrimp Plus ST connectors perform compared to other connector technologies (epoxy / oven UV systems)?

Would it be possible to use the LightCrimp Plus ST connectors to fterminate a 750m optical cable between two premises using off-the-shelf switches witjh optical ports?

Where can I find reviews and comparison charts for the different connector types? I have searched a bit but haven't found a site which objectively discusses and compares the LightCrimp system to others.

Does it exist other 'budget' and quick optical fibre termination technologies?

Thanks for comments, info and tips

regards

Tor

Reply to
Tor Tveitane
Loading thread data ...

If you are familiar with terminating fiber, then contact a distributor about buying the connectors and renting the termination equipment. Some distributors have equipment they will rent by the day, week or month.

Reply to
Justin Time

Do you have the lightcrimp+ terminating kit and power meter, light source ? If not, I would sub the job out, the kit is a lot more than what you would pay a contractor to terminate and test 4 connectors.

Weather it will go 750M depends on the quality of the cable, installation, terminations, speed and electronics.

Hope this helps.

Reply to
Sonny

"Justin Time" skrev i melding news: snipped-for-privacy@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Thanks for these tips. But I'm also genuinely interested in the LightCrimp

• systems quality (i.e. signal loss / durability) compared to the more 'traditional' splicing / terminating systems.

regards

Tor

Reply to
Tor Tveitane

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.