New

Hi Everyone,,

I've been out of the biz for awhile not, almost Ten years, recently I've landed a new job doing anything under the sun with cabling/networking/telecoms....

Question is, Paladin tools, any good? I'm looking to start myself off with a number of tools for the job. any other brands that I should look into with out spending a fortune?

Thanks

T

-------------------------------------

Reply to
tiredguy
Loading thread data ...

Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com) had written this in response to

formatting link
:

Hi T and welcome back to the field. You might be surprised to see how little the biz changed while you were gone. The Y2K hysteria gave it such big push that it appears it's still running on all that energy. All the techniques (at least in copper) are still there as well as all the major tools. That said, Paladin are good tools and so are Ideal or Greenlee that you can pick up in HD or Lowes telecom section. You need to start with a punch-down tool and 110 and 66 type blades. Pretty much everything else (considering you already have screwdrivers and snips) you can buy on "as you go" basis.

Best Regards, Dmitri Abaimov, RCDD

formatting link

Reply to
Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.