Who runs cable modem service now in Portland Or?

A few months ago, a bunch of the big cable companies did some horse- trading. Some cities switched from Adelphia to Comcast, some from Comcast to Time-Warner cable (if I recall correctly), and there were some other changes.

Did Portland Oregon change from Comcast to something else? And if so, to whom?

All my emails to my kin in Portland with Comcast acounts are now bouncing back to me. I wonder if there was a cable change there.

Reply to
Nelson B
Loading thread data ...

Here in Texas, we were swapped from Comcast to Roadrunner. Now our email addresses changed from snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net to snipped-for-privacy@tx.rr.com.

and the email is managed by Adelphia mail servers.

Reply to
Bit Twister

Concast still operates in Portland, OR.

Reply to
Warren H

Maybe your "kin" don't want to receive any more emails from you. I can't imagine that your kin would have had a change of something as significant as their mail servers name and not be notified of such a change.

Reply to
BR549

Anything like that planned for Sacramento, California?

Reply to
Charles Newman

The changes were a result of the collapse, and eventual break-up of Adelphi, and are now over.

In the '90s there were lots of changes and consolidations as various smaller MSO's went out of business, and the larger MSO's molded their empires. Those days are over, too.

You may see some of the smaller, mostly rural single system operators taken over by their larger neighbors, especially in areas where the local phone company rolls-out IP TV over fiber, but you're unlikely to see any major markets changing hands unless another mid-sized MSO goes under, and there aren't many of them left.

So don't hold your breath for any changes in cities the size of Sacramento for at least the next five years, and probably longer. You're more likely to see behind the scenes internal changes related to dividing of regions, divisions and districts, and such. In an extreme case, your channel line-ups might change, but even big changes in that area wouldn't be a good bet.

Reply to
Warren H

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.