Where is everybody?

I'm a Time Warner Roadrunner subscriber who occasionally browed this newsgroup. I find no posts since 12/9/06. What's up with that?

Reply to
Jim Banks
Loading thread data ...

Looking on

formatting link
shows Results 1 - 1 of 1 from Jan 9, 2007 to Jan 13, 2007 for group:comp.dcom.modems.cable (0.07 seconds)

Everyone is still playing with their Christmas gifts. :)

Reply to
Bit Twister

"Jim Banks" wrote in news:45a90904$0 $4867$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com:

Jim, I am seeing current postings here in Western Ohio from various users.

Reply to
John Gray

I just checked and there have been 129 posts 12/9/06 to 01/13/07 inclusive. Adding this one makes 130.

HTH Bob

Reply to
Robert Heiling

You might have to reset your news reader - at least for this NG. RoadRunner has been doing a lot of work in switching over to an outsourced news service, and your reader may no longer be in synch with the news server. In OE, rt-clk on the NG, select Properties, clk Local Files tab, clk Delete to clean out old postings, clk Compact to ummm... I forget, then clk Reset to re-synch. Then select another NG or select the account, then return to the NG, and all the postings on the server for that NG will come flooding down as if it were the first time.

*TimDaniels*
Reply to
Timothy Daniels

Nobody in their right mind uses OE to read news. ;)

Unsubscribing and re-subscribing may help - depending on your reader.

Reply to
$Bill

"$Bill" wrote in news:45a979ec$0$16694 $ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com:

Using XNews, I right clicked on the newsgroup and selected Open Special. Reset the number of read articles.

Reply to
John Gray

"$Bill" mused:

Right mind or not, the OP does.

*TimDaniels*
Reply to
Timothy Daniels

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.