What cable companies are available in my area?

I'm moving to Fishkill, NY in a couple of weeks and I need to set up high-speed internet access at home for my work. I'm looking for the absolute best and fastest high-speed service that is offered in my area. How do I figure out what's available in my area? My area code is 12542 and it's in the Hudson Valley near Newburgh/Poughkeepsie. Any advice appreciated. Thanks!

btw, I called Time Warner cable already and neither my address nor my zip code came up in their computer, so they are calling me back in a few days to let me know if it is available there or not.

Reply to
lis0122
Loading thread data ...

I did a search for zip 12542 and came up with Cablevision. DSL probably is by Verizon.

formatting link

Reply to
LRC

Cablevision has the franchise rights for virtually every immediate NYC suburb. Check this URL to confirm availability:

formatting link

No, Time Warner won't be your provider. They do serve some areas in NJ suburbs, but in NY, their territory doesn't include any area between the NYC suburbs and the Capital Region.

Reply to
Cyrus Afzali

On 09/09/05 02:10 pm LRC tossed the following ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

When I lived on Long Island, I had Internet service through CableVision (Optimum Online), and it was very fast -- 10Mbps down. I don't think any other cable co. has anything that fast -- at least not for residential customers. I recall only one or two outages in 5 years or so.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

formatting link

Reply to
Marc

Great. Thanks all!

Reply to
lis0122

Great. Thanks all!

Reply to
lis0122

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.