USB to Ethernet Switchover

I have just changed my connection to my cable modem from USB to Ethernet. I have managed to get the connection working OK but I have found that certain web sites which were accessible whilst connected via USB are no longer accessible whilst connected via Ethernet. Can anyone outh there shed any light on why this would be tha case ?

Reply to
BillyTheKid1974
Loading thread data ...

Presumably you had to modify the active network interface and, possibly, Network Port Configurations. Check to be sure that the TCP/IP parameters of the Ethernet adapter are correct, paying special attention to the settings for DNS.

Reply to
Tom Stiller

Type of connection eth/usb should not matter except ethernet should be faster. Maybe different rules in your firewall. I assume you have the same DNS values in ethernet as usb.

I had a wierd one where I could not connect to mozilla.com. It would time out but was not having problems with any other sites. Change from Verizon internal DNS to public DNS servers fixed the problem.

After me and the HelpDesk played around we could not figure out what was wrong.

So, he pushed a new DHCP lease, I power booted everything, again, and it worked. I wound up on a new segment using the same old DNS servers and mozilla.com started working.

Reply to
Bit Twister

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.