Substitute The Internet For Your TV

I have fond memories of waking up early on Saturday mornings and softly tiptoeing out to the family room to watch early morning cartoons when I was in elementary school. Then in high school I became more interested in the action-oriented TV shows in the evening. A little while later, I found that I just didn't have the time to dedicate an hour or so a day to sitting and watching mindless entertainment at a given time slot, and so I no longer watched TV at all. Gone are my days of watching those humorous cartoons and ridiculous heroes every week.

I recently discovered the online film scene, though, and it's fantastic. Short films, up to about 20mins in length, just posted online for all to download. Many of them are better than the professionally produced, high-budget TV shows that stream so liberally to your TV box. Every one is a labor of love, so even when the production values aren't high you know that someone has poured themselves into the product, which brings satisfaction beyond that of watching some stale TV show now into it's 19th series and just churning out the money makers.

Cartoons were my first port of call. It's been a long time since I've been awake and free early enough in the morning to watch some animated entertainment (and besides that, the cartoons on TV now are largely trash). A friend introduced me to my first online cartoon, the enormously popular and hilarious Homestar Runner (http://

formatting link
This site is fantastic. There are longish cartoons and games, with new ones being added every now and then, but the main reason to visit and continue to return is a lovably vicious character named Strong Bad. The creators of the web site answer roughly one email a week using this character that basically insults people in the most hilarious ways possible. It's all quite family- friendly and is more than worth a bookmark.

More animated wonders and filmed entertainment can be found at Atom Films

formatting link
which has become a free service recently. Also worth a look is Ifilm
formatting link
that offers the lower-bandwidth streams of films for

formatting link

Reply to
xikom01
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.