smc8013wg - comcast business

SMC8013wg gateway is not playing nice as of 2.22.2005. This is on comcast business service.

Status page in gateway shows the correct IP, DNS, etc. I connected two different PCs to the SMC, and cannot trace or ping anything on the WAN side. Tried IP's and TLD's.

Tried all of the usual procedures, except reset. All status lights are green. Even tried 90 minutes of free comcast support! I ran out of time and couldn't go further. They are sending a tech later today.

This is in Phila. Has anyone run into comcast DNS issues last couple of days? Their tech support mentioned this at the beginning of the call, but wouldn't be specific.

Ed

Reply to
Ed Wurster
Loading thread data ...

It was the modem. Expensive business service grinds to a halt, but is resurrected in only 48 hours. It really helps when the tech has a replacement modem. First tech had a lot of filters, but no commercial modems. Initial tech support call was pointless. YMMV.

Ed

Reply to
Ed Wurster

I am sorry to post this in the middle of your post but I am so fed up with Comcast I could puke.

I recently purchased an SMC 8013WG Comcast modem. Comcast says they cannot read the image of the modem. I am able to surf the net but they are not able to give me an email address account because they cannot access my computer. Apparently it has something to do with the firmware, so they say. I have contacted SMC and the firmware is the latest available for this unit. THe gateway is not supported by comcast. I am currently using this strictly as a modem and I have a wireless router (motorolaWR850G) attached to the WAN port. This is a huge issue with me and comcast right now. Have you heard of this issue before?

Reply to
jake62

I assume you misunderstood when they said they couldn't access THEIR computer. They have no need to access YOUR computer. Try back in an hour or so.

Yes, I have. You posted about it earlier today.

Reply to
Bill M.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.