SMC 8013WG & Comcast!!!!!!

I recently purchased an SMC8013WG. I have it hooked up via Comcast and I

have a Motorola WR850G wireless router connected to the WAN port on the

modem. (11/01) This modem has the wireless function disabled (no card

installed). I am surfing the net with this setup and it works fine. However, Comcast seems to have trouble with it on their end. They

cannot (or maybe will not) set up a user name and password for an email

account. I have spent days on the phone with them to no avail. I am

disgusted. They say the problem is with the modems firmware (which is

the latest according to SMC), something about a bad MAC address. I have

accessed the web interface for the modems settings and given them all of

the info including the WAN IP address they asked for. All I want to do

is get my email account set up. I am paying for another dialup just to

keep my email account active until they make this work. I know there

have been problems with this modem for Comcast in CA but I need to know

if anyone is using this modem in CA with Comcast as an ISP and has

overcome a similar problem?? I still want to fix the problem. If I can answer any questions to help

someone figure this out please let me know. I Called Comcast support and spoke to a comcast representative (DARCY

#62307 in Winnipeg) who flat out refused to help me, and when I asked

to be transferred to his supervisor he just sat in silence. (11/18) At this point I am looking for anyone who can help to contact me. If

there is anyone out there who can point me in the direction of Comcast

Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts; Comcast Executive Vice President

David L. Cohen; Liberty Chairman and CEO William P. Hankowsky , or

maybe how to contact them I would be grateful. I am completely disgusted with comcast and their laziness in resolving

this matter.

Thank you again for your help

Jake

Reply to
jake62
Loading thread data ...

| I recently purchased an SMC8013WG. I have it hooked up via Comcast and I | have a Motorola WR850G wireless router connected to the WAN port on the | modem. (11/01) This modem has the wireless function disabled (no card | installed). I am surfing the net with this setup and it works fine. | However, Comcast seems to have trouble with it on their end. Theycannot (or maybe will | not) set up a user name and password for an emailaccount. I have spent days on the phone | with them to no avail. I amdisgusted. They say the problem is with the modems firmware | (which isthe latest according to SMC), something about a bad MAC address. I haveaccessed | the web interface for the modems settings and given them all ofthe info including the WAN | IP address they asked for. All I want to dois get my email account set up. I am paying for | another dialup just tokeep my email account active until they make this work. I know | therehave been problems with this modem for Comcast in CA but I need to knowif anyone is | using this modem in CA with Comcast as an ISP and hasovercome a similar problem?? I still | want to fix the problem. If I can answer any questions to helpsomeone figure this out | please let me know. I Called Comcast support and spoke to a comcast representative | (DARCY#62307 in Winnipeg) who flat out refused to help me, and when I askedto be | transferred to his supervisor he just sat in silence. (11/18) At this point I am looking | for anyone who can help to contact me. Ifthere is anyone out there who can point me in the | direction of ComcastChairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts; Comcast Executive Vice | PresidentDavid L. Cohen; Liberty Chairman and CEO William P. Hankowsky , ormaybe how to | contact them I would be grateful. I am completely disgusted with comcast and their | laziness in resolvingthis matter. | | Thank you again for your help | | Jake-- jake62

I don't know what you problem is but, remove the Router. Connect a PC directly to the Cable Modem and setup the email account.

Reply to
David H. Lipman

This is at least the second time you've posted this request for help, but a large chunk of the story seems to be missing, making any real help hard to provide.

Why would the CSR refuse to help you? What explanation was given?

Why would the CSR refuse to transfer you? What explanation was given?

Is something wrong with your account? Past due, flagged for fraud, etc?

Have you walked into your local Comcast office? What explanation was given when you talked to someone across the counter?

Did you purchase a supported modem? If so, what exactly is the problem? Your posts are extremely vague, referring to "something about a bad MAC address". And if not, buy or rent a supported modem.

The list of questions could go on and on, but really the best thing to do is to contact Comcast and work through whatever the issues are. They are in the best position to help you set up your account. Finally, if you really want help here, you have to provide a much more complete picture of what's going.

Reply to
Bill M.

Jake I recently purchased an SMC8013WG. I have no problem accessing my email through comcast.net using the user name and password they gave me.

I have it hooked up via Comcast and I am trying to access this modem wireless function "disabled" (Maybe you are right, no card installed).

Does anybody know the Defualt (Administrative) User name and password to access the Configuration Setup area. I cant access the Wireless Settings.

Thank you.

Reply to
timdoan

"timdoan" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutcomputing.com:

formatting link

Reply to
Bruce

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.