S. atlanta modem

this depends on many providers, but in my area.. I have to restart the modem to gain access again.

Comcast provides access for 1 device. Once you use it, you have to restart it to clear out the mac address.

Worth a shot...

Reply to
Danska
Loading thread data ...

plz.. i need some help here.. my modem Scientific Atlanta Webstar DPC-2100 wont work anymore in my other pc.. i can get online with this one.. so the modem is working fine.. i bought a new ethernet card for my pc but still wont work.. i installed a fresh version of windows ME and later XP but still wont work in usb or ethernet.. plz... gimmie some help.. ok.. one last thing.. if i plug a wire (ethernet) to the computer it will say its online in the status.. i send bites but it wont receive.. i don't have firewall and the one from windows is off.. any ideas?

Reply to
no-limits

Should I assume that you have changed ethernet cables, and that you have the correct type (direct) cable?

Reply to
Ron Hunter

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.