Problems interconecting modem Dlink DCM-200 and Linksys router

The problem is as follows:

I had 3 wired PCs connected on a Linksys non-wireless router (BEFSR41). Everything was working well.

I bought a wireless router, also from Linksys (WRK54G), that is very similar to the other one but that is wireless and I configured it accordingly to the instructions without any problem. There was trafic by cable (2 PCs) and by air (portable).

Later, I realize that there was something wrong. The connection was not regular. I realize that the connection between the modem and the router stops for 2 to 3 seconds (at least, the link led on the modem and the internet led on the router go off at the same time) with no aparent cause). It happens several times per minute.

It happens the same with no PC connected to the router (including wireless PC). This means that it is not a PC configuration problem.

I already compared the configuration of the old and the new router and they are, apart the wireless part, the same (the routers are very similar, apart the wireless section).

I also check that the clone function for the mac address is active on the router. I believe that the modem sees the right mac address.

I connect the old router and everything is ok.

Does somebody have a clue?

Thank you in advance.

Reply to
jfaria
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.