New Comcast Speeds

formatting link
I live in the Philly area - and I pay extra for the "Gold Service" ... not for the download speed but for the upload speed as I have two phone lines with Vonage.

Woo- Hoo - here are my speeds today (after turningoff the cable modem and router and waiting for about one minute before turning them back on)

formatting link
Network Diagnostic Tool v5.2.1e DO NOT USE YOUR CONNECTION WHILE TEST IS RUNNING click START to begin Preparing Speedtest . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Done running 10s outbound test (upload) . . . . . 738.19Kb/s running 10s inbound test (download) . . . . . . 8.04Mb/s Your speed is 146.35 times faster than 56Kb dialup Your PC is connected to a Cable/DSL modem

formatting link
Result: Download Speed: 8206 kbps (1025.8 KB/sec transfer rate) Upload Speed: 717 kbps (89.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

Reply to
riggor99999
Loading thread data ...

I'm still getting about the same speeds as usual. I don't think my area has been upgraded yet. This is what I get: MySpeed Results Download4,543,704 bps Upload355,368 bps

Reply to
Jeremy Drake

not everyone uses the service to download illegal programs, dirty pictures, movies and anything else illegal they can get their greedy paws on. If YOU feel limited by the giganews 2 gig limit you are a sad excuse of mankind. Not to mention a total retard. But then everyone with any morals at all that reads this newsgroup already knows that.

Reply to
Dr Feelgood

"riggor99999" wrote in news:APmdnY5bbOEbIHffRVn- snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

REALITY CHECK!.....

2000 MB/month divided by 1.0258 MB/sec = 1949.7seconds 1949.7 seconds is 32 minutes 29 seconds

What binaries are you going to download the other 29 days, 23 hours, 27 minutes, 31 seconds next month after you've blazingly used up your measily

2GB/month Usenet coverage?

WOO WOO!....indeed.

Downloading at that speed from someplace else, how long do you guys think it would be, in hours/min/secs, before Comcrap sends him the threatening cutoff letter?

Reply to
Larry

What a crock of shit Larry. There are quite a few more things to do on the Internet besides Usenet. In fact, in many circles Usenet is considered 'old school'. Like you, I guess.

Web pages load lightning quick. Files load quickly, from everywhere not just Usenet. Bottom line, speed enhances the Internet experience.

Kinda like your favorite mantra elsewhere. "Power is our friend" Speed is also our friend. For everything, not just Usenet bone head. Pull your head out of your ass.

You tend to always focus on one thing, mostly bogus, most of the time and then hang on like an insane pit bull.

BTW, in order to get 'the letter', you have to really be pinning up your connection. And, in doing so, you are also adversely effecting others. The node you are on is shared with others. Sucking up bandwidth

24/7 for days is being a real prick to others on the same node. The term is selfish asshole.

And.... it's a call now, not a letter.

Reply to
justme

Time to move on to a better method of recording, your record is badaly scratched and simply repeating the same track repeatedly.

Reply to
Dr Feelgood

I have yet to EVER use my 2 GB Usenet limit. There is more to the internet than Usenet, and there is more to life than the internet!!

I work from home quite often - accessing / syncing my laptop e-mail with work, access to work network via VPN .. so the download and upload speeds are key for me. As I mentioned I have 2 phone lines with Vonage as well.

Get a grip...get a life !!

Reply to
riggor99999

????

;-)

Reply to
James Knott

Assuming you were in the 4 Mbit tier before, I'd say that your measured download speed of >4 Mbps (4.3 Mbps) may indicate that your area HAS been upgraded, but that the speed test result just isn't a very good indicator of the maximum throughput you could achieve. Pulling down a big file from an FTP server close to you on the network and hanging off a pipe of reasonable size is really a better measure than the java-based speed tests, in my experience. The

15 and 90 MB (the latter is misnamed onehundredmeg.exe) test files avalable at ftp://chftp01.ne.ipsvc.net/pub/test/ have worked well for those of us in the NE region for years, but unfortunately the server may not be accessible to users outside of the NE region. You can all do the math, I'm sure, but for the sake of having a quick reference:

file time to download download speed

----------------------------------------------------- fifteenmegfile.exe 30 sec 4 Mbps fifteenmegfile.exe 20 sec 6 Mbps fifteenmegfile.exe 15 sec 8 Mbps onehundredmeg.exe 180 sec 4 Mbps onehundredmeg.exe 120 sec 6 Mbps onehundredmeg.exe 90 sec 8 Mbps

Reply to
R. Lynn Rardin

Using any broadband internet service the way you do directly effects other users service. You have proven beyond any shadow of doubt that you are a selfish asshole and continue to every time you post your "views" you are also an admitted thief, liar, flamer, troll and generally a morally corrupt sub-human. I'd advise you to seek help but I honestly believe you to be beyond help.

Reply to
Dr Feelgood

"justme" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Huh? Using Comcrap makes you a "selfish asshole"? I didn't read that in the brochure....(c;

Reply to
Larry

Were you born this way or have you worked at it a long time DR. "pud" Feelgood

Reply to
tk

Were you born an ASSHOLE or did you just decide to be an outspoken out of line shit head? If you prefer to be seen as a f****ng thief and sub-human that is your choice. Your moral standard or lack of same will eventually catch up with you and your kind. People like me will be laughing our rear ends off at your expense on that day.

Reply to
Dr Feelgood

Let's hope we never meet cause I don't want to go to jail for throttling you pussy. If you don't use broadband then go back to dialup idiot. In case you haven't noticed there are dozens of sites to buy music legally, video feeds are all over the place and avid gamers download monstrous demos nowadays.

Reply to
tk

And perverted lying, cheating thieves like you get your pirateware and perversion videos and pictures off of Usenet. The one place not designed or intended for distribution of stolen property and or music, videos and pictures. People who download legal music, videos and gaming software do not do so from alt.binaries.for thieves or alt.binaries.sicksobs.

Please do come to Tacoma and try to throttle me you sick son of a bitch. That will give me the legal right to take your ass out of life's game permanently, thus making the internet a better place for those remaining. BTW: I'm a male so the only "pussy" I have are you and your buddies in these newsgroups. That isn't anything I'd put my penis in either, even if you guys do prefer that sort of action.

Reply to
Dr Feelgood

Get a clue yourself Father Fucker! you are the one who made a physical threat in a "newsgroup" you sick son of a BITCH!

Reply to
Dr Feelgood

WTF? Clue Jethro, You are in a newsgroup, what are you doing here ya perverted pirate?

Reply to
tk

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.