Modem and router recommendations

I'm in the market for a new cable modem, Comcast having recently increased the rental. I may also want to acquire a router, replacing the one Comcast has provided (no rent that I can see.) Comments I have read seem to dislike combos. Here's what I have: Computer, now connected directly to the router, but can be wireless. A wireless printer, A laptop, wireless but usually close enough to router to use cord

2 Kindles 1 IPAD 1 ROKU3, now connected directly, but seems to work OK wireless. I think will work at 5Mhz. 1 DVD player, wired capable, but currently disconnected (cord moved to ROKU) Will appreciate comments and recommendations-- Cost is a factor!
Reply to
Jim T.
Loading thread data ...

I would think you would start with Comcast's list of modems that they support. If they don't support what you buy you may not be able to connect with it.

Reply to
Bit Twister

Aha. You don't want the units that have value, you want the ones that don't cost any money.

Good luck.

You're better off continuing to rent from the cable company, because--as you said--cost is a factor. If anything ever goes wrong, they will replace their unit. What happens when the units you buy go bad? OHMIGOD--you'll have to SPEND MONEY for new ones!

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Nothing like the good advice you get here.

Reply to
Jim T.

Nothing like the good advice you get here.

Reply to
Jim T.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.