Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- lost Internet connection with cable modem
February 9, 2006, 12:54 am
rate this thread
What is the reason for my computer to lose instant Internet access?
It happens after I watch a movie from one of the servers or after my son
uses online game.
When I try to start IE or Outlook I get the message that server is not
available … etc. I have to restart computer and then everything is OK.
I have a cable modem and Windows XP Home/SP2.
Re: lost Internet connection with cable modem
It sounds as if something is happening to cause your computer to have
difficulty in holding an IP address. Are you running your cable modem
through a USB port rather than an Ethernet port? USB is sometimes more
flaky and you tend to see these issues more using it than Ethernet.
There could also be something in your provider's network that is
causing this to happen as well.
- » How many types of outdoor security equipment and how to choose?
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » CCTV, Alarms and other Physical Security
- » Strike 3 Saga: Turning BitTorrent Downloads Into A Copyright Infringement Settlement...
- — The site's Last Updated Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum