Linksys WRT54G won't go to www.usps.com

If I connect my compter directly to the cable modem or I use a Proxy Server in Opera, I can go to

formatting link
without difficulty. However, when the router is in place, it just times out ("Could not connect to remote server.").

I've tried IE and Firefox with the same negative results. I've reset the router to no avail.

Ad-aware and Spybot had no correcting effect. This problem is about a week old.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Choctlab
Loading thread data ...

Set the router IP address both as the default gateway and as a defined DNS server.

Q
Reply to
Quaoar

I had a WRT54G that had a similar problem. There were a small number of url's

formatting link
and
formatting link
that I remember) that I couldn't go to at all. But with the router removed I could access them. I spent weeks troubleshooting it myself and with Linksys. They had me try changing all kinds of things none of which helped. Finally they said to go thru the RMA process and replace it under warranty. I couldn't imagine a router picking out a couple url's but I went ahead with the RMA anyway. Guess what? When I got the new one the problem disappeared.

Reply to
Dave

Using one here. No problem. Very strange symptom.

Reply to
Ron Hunter

Yes, I agree. And it gradually happened. One day I could access a web site and the next day it was broke forever. Towards the end it would let me read Yahoo messages but when I went to reply I couldn't. I tried everything and the only way to get to those sites was to remove the router. When it was replaced everything cleared up and has been fine since then. But it's funny that we both had problems with

formatting link

Reply to
Dave

I agree that it was a very strange problem. And I've been using one since then with no problem. I find it interesting that we both couldn't access

formatting link

Reply to
Dave

Maybe Linsys doesn't like the Postal Service.... grin.

Reply to
Ron Hunter

On 01/18/05 04:50 pm Ron Hunter tossed the following ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

My WRT54G doesn't have any problem with USPS.com.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

I didn't mean to imply that all WRT54G's have a problem with usps.com. But I've had one and heard of a few that do for some strange reason. And mine didn't at first either.

Reply to
Dave

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.