Linksys EZXS16W Switch + BEFSR11 Cable/DSL Router Problems

Ok, switch is still in, and it's been fine for over 2 days. The router seems to be renewing the WAN address regularly. It seemed to have less trouble after I made sure to specify a hostname and domain name in the web admin interface. Not sure if this actually helped.

I'm going to hope that everything is ok for now . . . so I probably won't update this thread unless it fails.

Thanks to those who helped out.

Reply to
josemonkey
Loading thread data ...

Ugh. I lost LAN access to the router again. When it happened, the LAN PCs could see each other, but not the router (and, thus, not the WAN).

Once again restarting the router fixed it.

It was up for about 4 days, I think.

Reply to
josemonkey

Pulling the thread back in alignment! lol

After reading your last post now I'm beginning to wonder whether you are having some router issues. Maybe it seem to start at the time you added the EZ16 switch but could have been a coincidence just as well. Two things I would try.

1. Bypass the router for a few days and hook a system directly up to the modem and see how long it retains it's WAN connection.

1. I think I'd try a different router just for grins. You may or may not wish to spend money for a new one BUT it might be as simple as replacing the router.

Another thing you might want to take a look at is your modem connection signal levels. Are they within spec? Perhaps your line has developed some signal issues which is causing the modem to not have as good a connection as it should have thus causing the router to do what is is doing. Maybe even a modem change might solve the problem. Do you own or rent your modem?

Reply to
Jbob

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.