Linksys cable modem 'Information Wizard' pages inaccessible

No Linksys experience, but you could try a couple things.

Have you powered it off for a minute or two and then tried it (just resetting may not be enough) ?

Then ping it and see if you get a response to your ping and give the page another try.

Reply to
$Bill
Loading thread data ...

Is the router set to 192.168.1.1?

Ed

Reply to
Ed Wurster

Have you verified that your firewall (assuming you're running one) isn't blocking it?

Reply to
Dave

I've had a Linksys cable modem BEFCMU10 for years. And for years I was able to surf to the "Information Wizard" page by entering 192.168.100.1 in IE. Now I cannot and I can't figure out why. I get the "page cannot be found" message. Linksys has not been very helpful. Any hints appreciated.

I have tried: Connecting one PC directly to the cable modem. Putting that PC on the same subnet. Resetting the modem countless times Using different PC's in my attempt(s) Yelling at the screen and banging my fist on the keyboard.

System: Bunch of PCs running Win2000 Linksys 5- and 8-port switches Linksys Router (Firmware 1.46.02) Cable Modem Adelphia Cable Internet

Reply to
Mistress

It *was*. Right now 192.168.100.200.

Reply to
Mistress

I have done the "complete" reset as suggested by Linksys.

Hold reset for 30 seconds. Still holding reset -- unplug modem. Still holding reset -- plug in modem. Release reset.

Reply to
Mistress

If the router is set to 192.168.100.200, then you must use that address to log in.

In another post you said you reset the router. If so, then the address is

Ed Wurster

Reply to
Ed Wurster

The problem is with my modem. The router is fine; I changed it only to to put all things on the same subnet as the modem.

Reply to
Mistress

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.