LINKSYS

I have LINKSYS. Originally I had RCN cable network and I used LINKSYS as router, so I could connect to multiple systems. As now I have moved to another state and subscribe cable from different cable company instead of RCN. I just found that the LINKSYS still show RCN network. I have flush so many time and reboot my system as well. After I flush and reboot the system would show my current cable network, however it last only 10 to 15 minutes, then I got disconnected. I use ipconfig /release then ipconfig /renew, it will go back to RCN network. Please help.

Reply to
moongeegee
Loading thread data ...

Linksys what ? Modem ? Router ? Combo ?

How does that manifest itself ? Why do you think you show (are on?) RCN network vs whoever you are with now (who is that BTW?) ?

How about a drawing of what you have starting with the modem and ending at your PCs.

What modem do you have ? Have you reset your router to the default config and started over (I'm assuming that's doable, but don't know how since I've never owned a Linksys router) ?

Reply to
$Bill

Hi Moongeegee,

Does your internet work?

If it works, do not worry about it saying "RCN." Just be happy that it works.

If your internet does NOT work, then please tell us:

o what exactly says "RCN." The ipconfig /all output? Some little icon? The name of the router on the config web page? The home page of your web browser? Please copy/paste the exact output that worries you.

o What model of Linksys (please, no all capital letters) brand equipment are we talking about here? Is it a wired router? A wireless router? What model number (BEFSR41 or WRT54G or something else?)?

Hopefully I have simplified my English enough. I suspect you are not a native speaker.

Best Regards,

Reply to
Todd H.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.