lan setup help using cable modem as bridge

I'm trying to bridge my lan with my neighbor's. He has a WAP and I have a WAP but he is a few doors down and the signal is weak. We set up a VPN across our cable connections but we are unable to bridge the LANs together. We would to do this to setup 12-16 player Halo matches. I have a dlink wireless bridge and a repeater but would prefer not to use the bridge because I would use connectivity to three PCs on my LAN. I can set up the repeater to be an AP. Is there a way to forward ports on our routers to bridge the two lans? Thanks Justin

Reply to
nightwolf_36
Loading thread data ...

nightwolf snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in news:1126657312.630758.269810 @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

If your lans are bridged... there is no need for port forwarding.

So what do you want to do? connect both subnets together?

In that case, just get your neighbour to setup his Wireless AP to use the same SSID as your LAN.

OR, if your neighbour's Wireless AP has VPN support, connect the two sites together via AP/Router to AP/Router VPN.

Reply to
Lucas Tam

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.