Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- It may seem like a simple query, but....
August 14, 2005, 10:23 pm
rate this thread
I have a 3 year old Best Data CMX110 cable modem. Recently my ISP upped the
connection speed to 6000 Kp/s. I can consistently connect 2300 - 3300 Kp/s.
Is one modem better than another? Would a newer modem improve my speed? I
realize not all sites can utilize the speed of my ISP and know about disk
space and caches.... I'm thinking about a Linksys or a Motorola. Waste of
I emailed Best Data tech support but I guess it's non-existent.
Re: It may seem like a simple query, but....
go with the Motorola modem. best data was cheap and no longer around.
linksys is now cisco. I've had both. had problem with linksys where a
simple ping from my pc to modem was almost 2000. wasn't the pc or the
enet cable. the moto was and has been great. even with level problems
with the cable plant
- » routing demon broadband connection with a Mercury ART514CX - help!
- — Previous thread in » Cable Modems
- » AT&T Launches 5G You're Actually Allowed to Use [telecom]
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum