IPv6 & Comcast

I'm doing a school project on IPv6 and mobile computing. To get my feet wet with IPv6, I was wondering if anyone has been able to configure their Comcast service to use it. What about maybe using an OpenBSD PF box to achieve this...any thoughts on that? I've done some research and found that you can use a gif tunnel to the 6bone, but I don't really see much of an advantage by doing that. Wouldn't that be much slower than your cable modem's caps since all your traffic goes to another location before it dumps into an IPv4 network?

While I know converting to IPv6 would cut you off to many/most sites and really at this time bears no advantage, I've noticed that Comcast, along with other big name ISPs, have been allocated IPv6 ranges along with all their IPv4 ranges. Maybe it could be the start of something new, I don't know. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
ADub
Loading thread data ...

Nope. The best you'll be able to do is set up a IPv4 wrapper/VPN type solution.

Reply to
Eric

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.