I have adelphia internet

It is continually connecting and then disconnecting. Stays connected for a little while and then disconnects. This is going on with everyone who has it on my street. Any clues why this happens as the technician does not seem to know?

Reply to
zach
Loading thread data ...

Signal level or noise or bad amp on the cable string, bad cable connection at cable amp,..... bad technician :(

Reply to
Bit Twister

And if you're near my house, it could be HEAT - it's like 112 today.

Reply to
$Bill

Why does heat affect cable modem service? (Not doubting it, I live in Phoenix and I know it does but don't know why.)

Reply to
TAbby

All those little electronic parts generate/hate the heat - esp. CPUs which generate a ton on their own (take a look at that fan on your CPU). That's why they run liquid nitrogen through the really big/fast super computers.

Enough heat can cause partial/total breakdown of electronics - I think my router has been overheating the last two days requiring 2 reboots.

Reply to
$Bill

If a varmit builds a nest against the vent for a powered distribution node and the outside temp climbs to 112, well the temp inside the structure could easily climb to a point where the electronics can't keep themselves cool enough.

Reply to
DLR

Signal levels vary normally as the outside temperature changes - higher levels in cold and lower levels in hot. The reason is that the resistance or loss in the metal conductor of the cable increases as the temperature rises. If you have a -10 reading on a cold day then when summer comes it may drop to a -15. Of course, being close to the lower limit of the cable modems range, usually -15, makes it more possible that you'll exceed it during hot temperatures.

Reply to
Dave

it could be the traps on the main feed.

Reply to
BigJim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.