How To Get Around Comcast Giganews 2G Limit

I saw this in a Comcast forum. Tried it myself. Currently, my limit has been maxed out. I then changed my account ownership to my secondary Comcast e-mail, and it worked. This allowed me to create a new account with a new 2G limit. I only have one secondary account, but theoretically this should work for all five secondary e-mail accounts (if you create them). After logging on, go to "my account", then under "account management", select "change my account ownership".

Then log onto the news server "newsgroups.comcast.net" with the new username and password.

===from previous post by Pebbles16ue==== I went on-line and live chat with a Comcast support and she asked me if anyone has told me about switching primary account. I told her no and she told me to just switch another secondary email account as the primary and I would get the new limit on the new account as it would create a new giganews account. She was right. So start counting how many email accounts you can rotate as the primary and all of a sudden, my monthly limit is now 13 GB (2 x 6 + 1 for my primary account that is tied to the cc account). I also asked her if this is deemed legal and she said yes!!! Now enjoy your new download limit.

Reply to
Shannon
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.