HFC Broadcasts

Hi, I am running 2 switches in my network right now configured like this:

Cable Modem---------HP ProCurve 2524 24 PortsHP ProCurve 2626 26 Ports-------Cisco PIX 506e Firewall -------- Cisco 2621 Router

The cable modem is connected to port 1 of the 2524. I have currently 4 VLANs configured on the switches, 1 is for the Cable ISP, 1 is for my internal LAN, and another for a wireless bridge, and another for the DMZ. Both of the switches are running VLANs through GVRP, and periodically advertises CDP announcements. Now I am wondering if it is possible that if another node on my cable network can hook up a simular switch to their modem and then pickup the GVRP VLAN advertisments and be able to access my VLANs? I noticed that the cable HFC is something like 10.68.192.0/20 or something.

The 2626 switch is located in the networking room and the internet ip is brough to the cisco pix through the fiber since the networking room does not have a cable jack.

Thanks!!

Reply to
verzoegerung
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.