Good low cost home VPN solution?

Anyone have advice / figured out a good low cost home VPN solution .... meaning I can access various resources on my 192.168.1.xxx network.

I currently have several ports open to access specific applications or resources - but I would rather VPN and access anything on the home network.

I have a Linksys RP31P2 Router with 2 Vonage phone lines.

I could get a different router that supports VPN. I could set a up VPN server between the cable modem and the router.

What have others done?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
riggor99999
Loading thread data ...

"Anyone have advice / figured out a good low cost home VPN solution .... meaning I can access various resources on my 192.168.1.xxx network.

I currently have several ports open to access specific applications or resources - but I would rather VPN and access anything on the home network.

I have a Linksys RP31P2 Router with 2 Vonage phone lines.

I could get a different router that supports VPN. I could set a up VPN server between the cable modem and the router.

What have others done?

Thanks in advance "

I messed around with Open VPN after listening to this podcast:

formatting link
(transcript)

It works OK (and the price is right), but I get more use out of UltraVNC and PuTTY since I don't have a lot of network elements. As I remember, you need to establish an authentication server on the LAN side (not a big deal).

Reply to
Eric

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.