FAQ: Maximizing cable modem or DSL speed

Q: How do I get the maximum possible DSL or cable modem speed? Should I use one of those tweaking programs?

A: See the Navas Cable Modem/DSL Tuning Guide at .

Reply to
John Navas
Loading thread data ...

Perhaps if you dropped references and links to obsolete and discontinued operating systems, firewall software, cable modems, obsolete and discontinued routers / equipment / hw, etc. ... and updated it to current market hw / sw / technology reality ... the link *may* be relevant or useful. Until then - it is just old / obsolete / irrelevant spam serving no practical purpose to anyone other than promoting yourself.

Reply to
riggor9999

I doubt that he monitors the groups where he posts this creaky old stuff. It's probably an automated task that he forgot about several years ago.

Reply to
Bill M.

Q: How do I get the maximum possible DSL or cable modem speed? Should I use one of those tweaking programs?

Reply to
John Navas

Reply to
John Navas

John -

That's three postings in December!! How about for 2009 you make a resolution to ease off the posting of your spam???

Reply to
riggor9999

Adding alt.internet.wireless since I think he hangs out there. Hopefully he will do the right thing and turn this autoposting off.

Reply to
Bill M.

On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 17:56:33 -0600, Bill M. wrote in :

It's posted every two weeks in accordance with Usenet guidelines, and isn't spam.

Great example -- you could and should have used email, but instead you made an off-topic post here.

I will continue to do the right thing by posting it.

Reply to
John Navas

So you say.

Email is best used for one on one communication. This is clearly not that type of situation, so email wouldn't have been appropriate.

*groan* Well, obviously a polite nudge didn't work, but I'm optimistic that you'll eventually see the light.
Reply to
Bill M.

On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 19:59:41 -0600, Bill M. wrote in :

What you're doing is what's not appropriate, and you know it.

I've been posting it since 1999. I can't image why you would think your own personal annoyance is going to suddenly make me stop. Get serious. Learn how to filter.

Reply to
John Navas

I guess that's the tell tale statement right there .... you continue to post your self serving / self promoting web page ... which is so obsolete and out of date that it cannot serve any practical purpose ... and yet rather than "doing the right thing" and stopping ... you place the onus on everyone else to filter you and your useless post.

Reply to
riggor9999

John - can you please answer for us two questions:

1) What is exactly "the right thing" you think are doing by posting? 2) Why do you post the same thing every two weeks? What is the purpose / intent?
Reply to
riggor9999

"riggor9999" wrote in news:gjc81m$il7$ snipped-for-privacy@news.motzarella.org:

Ego feeding ?

Reply to
DanS

Bill, please visit here with your penis.

formatting link

Reply to
AriĀ®

Reply to
Constable Leonovich

On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 23:28:39 -0500, "riggor9999" wrote in :

I'm not going to continue something deliberately and rudely posted to off-topic newsgroups. I'm done with this thread.

Reply to
John Navas

I don't see how this is off topic as it is a direct question regarding your posts, and a direct question to your statements .... nor do I see anything "rude" in my post / questions ...

Will you at lest update the content of your web page so it does not refer to obsolete hardware / software? Update it so it is actually relevant and useful for 2009 versus 1999?

Reply to
riggor9999

Reply to
John Navas

Reply to
John Navas

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.