dns timeouts on comcast.net

I use the same dns servers and have no issues. Im out near chicago too.

Sorry..

Reply to
Danska
Loading thread data ...

Running same servers here in Dallas Tx with just a very few slow lookups. And, those were comcast sites like news and fourms.

I do have 68.87.66.196 as first server and removed the _search comcast.net_ value.

Reply to
Bit Twister

This is probably not the appropriate group, but close...

For the last several weeks, my web browsing seems to have slowed down. I use comcast.net I noticed that when I run nslookup, i get a lot of 2-second timeouts on various domain names.

I am using comcast in Atlanta. Anyone else experience such a problem? I am using DHCP, and the two comcast server,

68.87.64.196 and 68.87.66.196 seem to be up.

Thanks Leor

Reply to
Leor Amikam

Have you scanned for adware, viruses, and other malware?

Reply to
Bill M.

problem? I am

comcast.net_

Years ago I had Comcast@home in Atlanta with no problems at all. When AT&T came in my connections were very spotty. Since then I've had comcast.net once before but gave up due to connection probs. Ever optimistic, I re-signed for the trial period two days ago, despite being unable to get any answers to how often the network functions in my area. It's been down for hours each evening of those two days. I was going to use them for internet and for phone with a Vonage account. I'm rethinking that. On the plus side, it's up now, obviously.

Reply to
everysandwich

The slowness an no connection was due to Comcas upgrading their speed

3mbs to 4mbs with an option for 6mbs.

If you want 6mbs service you get to pay $10.00 more a month.

Reply to
terry t

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.