congestion in RoadRunner network?

I'm in RoadRunner's S. Cal. area, in the socal.rr.com domain, and I find that tracerts to major servers (e.g. yahoo.com, google.com, rr.com, even to MIT.edu) show a lot of timeouts randomly scattered along the route to the servers. Following the route hop by hop and doing "ping -t" to each node, I find that pings to the first upstream node (having IP address 10.x.y.z) don't have any timeouts. But pings to the nodes beyond that, the first few of which have IP addresses 76.x.y.z in the socal.rr.com domain, start showing timeouts averaging about one every 6 to 8 pings. Does that mean that the dropped packets reflect congestion or a flaky router in the socal.rr.com domain?

*TimDaniels*
Reply to
Timothy Daniels
Loading thread data ...

EVERYTHING was congested yesterday. Even Apple's iTunes store was saying "Sorry, we're busy, go away for a while".

I guess all those new iPods and iTunes gift cards were being used. And who knows, maybe a few Zunes also. :)

Reply to
DLR

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.