Comcast Download Speed Problems

As most Comcast users are aware, since the "upgrade" - many people are getting worse speeds then prior to the upgrade. I upgraded to "Gold" for the 6 mbps down / 768 kbps up. I am getting the up speeds, but the down speeds are jumping from 1.5 to 4.5

I have been using various testing sites - and although all are inaccurate, the best I have found is:

formatting link
formatting link
formatting link
I have a Motorola Surfboard 4100 I am in Bryn Mawr, Radnor Township, PA

Reply to
riggor9999
Loading thread data ...

In phl.internet riggor9999 wrote: : As most Comcast users are aware, since the "upgrade" - many people are : getting worse speeds then prior to the upgrade. I upgraded to "Gold" for : the 6 mbps down / 768 kbps up. I am getting the up speeds, but the down : speeds are jumping from 1.5 to 4.5

: I have been using various testing sites - and although all are inaccurate, : the best I have found is:

:

formatting link
:
formatting link
:
formatting link
I wonder it the new higher speeds for everyone is saturating the network and that's why you are seeing uneven performance.

Reply to
root

Most systems have much less bandwidth on the upstream side, and it is somewhat more prone to signal strength problems. The result is that it is much more prone to exhibit usage based congestion. If the upload speeds aren't as stated, mention this to customer service. It may be possible for them to move you to a less busy node, or to find a bandwidth hog and stop them from inappropriate use.

Reply to
Ron Hunter

My point was the at Comcast had a major network upgrade - and has acknowledged problems with it. That is causing the inconsistent speeds...especially with the Gold Tier service. Comcast customers can go to

formatting link
to see the threads.

Also, for those trying to get a decent bandwidth test - a suggested a few sites that seem to be more consistent and more accurate than others. Results with these sites - in general - are inconsistent because so many variables between the testing PC and the testing Web Site.

Reply to
riggor9999

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.