Charter Interenet (CT), port forwarding problem

Hi all,

I've got a cable modem connection from Charter Internet in CT. Particularly, I'm in the New Milford, CT area and I'm having a problem trying to port forward port 22 (ssh) and port 1000 (a web server). I have a Linksys WRT54GS router connected between the cable modem and my home lan. As far as I can tell I've correctly configured the router to port forward ports 22 and 1000, but I can't access these services from outside my network, like from work. From my lan I can access these services fine from my wife's WinXP box. I've also used the SheildsUP web page at

formatting link
to scan the ports of my router, and it sees the ports as available, but closed. I've also talked to Charter about this and they've told me that they don't block any ports at their end. From work I can ping the IP of the router no problem, but that's it.

Does anyone have any ideas about this, or what might be going on here? Any assistance would be most helpful.

Thanks, Doug

Reply to
writeson
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.