cell phones & wireless router interference??

I was watching a couple televised classes by the community college & announcement was made to turn off the cell phones totally even if they were on vibration because the cells still xmit signals every so often.

In one of the classes, I kept hearing some static, zzzzzzzz, every so often prior to the announcement to turn off the cell phones totally.

Do cell phones also interfere with other wireless stuff like routers, wireless(?) modems the same as the "regular" remote telephones?

Interesting that technology evolved to interfere with each other as the cell phone problem didn't occur previous semesters.

Reply to
plew
Loading thread data ...

I've never had a problem with my cell phone interfering with the wireless router. But I have had a problem with the 2.4ghz cordless phone interfering with it.

Reply to
Dave

Yes. All devices on the same frequency interfere with each other. The effect depends on the strength of the signal. Strength varies by device and distance. Some devices more susceptible to interference than others.

Very often a cell being used at the computer will interfere with wireless mouse activity. This is particularly annoying when you are using your cell phone to call computer help services!

I had to dump my 2.4Ghz wireless home phones for the 5.8Ghz type. They were interfering terribly with my wireless network connections.

Those are the only two *real* problems I have had though.

-Frank

Reply to
Frankster

Correctly designed, built, and operating cell phones in a correctly designed, built, and operating TV studio or classroom should be ok. But we don't live in a perfect world so the operators have taken the approach of turn them off and everyone's life will be simpler.

Reply to
DLR

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.