Bellsouth DSL router is OK?

I'm probably going with BellSouth. Can anyone confirm I can use a cable router to network 3 computers? That it's no extra charge or any anything else from them? Or does anyone else have a better DSL deal in the South Florida area? (residential)

Thanks

Denn

Reply to
rxrdenn
Loading thread data ...

Have you checked their terms of service on their website ? Even if they don't allow it, that wouldn't stop me from trying. I would let them hook it up to one of the PCs and after they leave I'd slide the router in between (and possible spoof the PC MAC address if needed). As far as I'm concerned, you're paying for the connection and bandwidth, not for how many computers are connected.

Reply to
$Bill

Bellsouth has been issuing Westell DSL modems for sometime. These modems have built-in NAT, so you won't need your current router. Just add a switch / hub and you're good to go. Should you prefer to use your current router, you'll need to reconfigure the Westell to disable it's NAT function.

Reply to
Tim R.

Thanks much for that information! Much appreciated. I'll use my router and disable the NAT...... once I figure that out which shouldn't be too hard. I think

Reply to
rxrdenn

Got to DSLReports and look in the Bellsouth forum. You'll find a FAQ that contains a link to Westell configuration. Here you will find how to disable NAT in the Westell DSL modem.

Reply to
Tim R.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.