basic cable free with comcast internet?

Warren,

I said we'd disagree not that we'd get into a pissing contest; go be a jerk somewhere else.

Reply to
Chip Orange
Loading thread data ...

This is almost exactly what happened to the friend of mine I mentioned below. He was renting a home. When he hooked up his tv the cable signal was still working. The local cable company failed to disconnect the coax from the line at the street when the previous users vacated/switched off service. He used the service for over a year and then was hit with a summons for cable theft. He got himself a good expensive lawyer and challenged it. The cable company refused to let it drop so it went to court. When it was all said and done my friend was not charged and the judge found the cable company was negligent by not disconnecting their equipment. My friend was awarded full lawyers fees. So instead of letting drop a $600.00 cable bill they ended up paying much more in legal expenses. This was one judge in one city. Someone else might have a different outcome.

Reply to
Jbob

Hey I do believe that! I heard it on the internet so it must be correct :-)

Reply to
Jbob

Thankyou!! that was my understanding of the law.

Reply to
Chip Orange

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.