Anyone using a Motorola VT2442 router?

I have Vonage, and I was using a Linksys RT31P2 router, with 2 phone lines. I have been getting random voice call drops and occasional router lockups ... so Vonage sent me a new Motorola VT2442.

The admin / config pages seem to be less intuitive, but appear to have more robust features / options.

Does any one have any experience with this?

Reply to
riggor
Loading thread data ...

Lower your bandwidth settings. Features/Bandwidth Saver/ Configure Lower from 50 Kbps to 30 Kbps then click Submit.

HTH

Reply to
Just Bob

Please explain why? I have comcast Gold - 8 mbps down and 768 kbps up. The

90, or 50, or 30 is so small it's not an issue.

The Linksys router had a voice QOS that you could set aside bandithwidth for the voice part.

I apologize my note was not clearer - I was looking for opinions on the Motorola VT2442 router.

Reply to
riggor

I apologize for not explaining further. I should have explained the fix supplied by Vonage that involves log on to Vonage web site and make changes from there and not at the router. This was a successful fix for that problem I encountered. I was supplied with the Motorola VT2442 router from the start which only need this one adjustment and has worked fine since. I no longer use my Linksys router.

Reply to
Just Bob

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.