All connection lights going off and on with SMC Barricade 7004ABR

For the past few weeks I've been noticing my networking alert icon popup in my task bar, and I just noticed recently that the problem seems to be my SMC Barricade router (7004 ABR)

This router has been working fine for a year or so, however, I think it may be starting to die.

When the networking icon pops up to indicate a connection was lost, I can see that all the connectivity lights on the router go out (ie both yellow and green for all connections, but Power and WAN lights stay lit). Sometimes they come back on immediately, but sometimes they continuously blink off and on for several iterations.

I have tried resetting the router and unplugging the power but this has not fixed it.

Unfortunately I think I may have caused this myself due to placing a cable modem on top of it, because I noticed one day that the top of the router was very hot (I didn't think it was a problem since there are no vents).

I just wanted to know if anyone has had a similar problem and fixed it before I buy another. I think I'll probably get the same one unless there are other suggestions...

Reply to
Billy
Loading thread data ...

If it were so hot enough to be a problem for the router, it would be a problem for the cablemodem, too. And if the cablemodem is setting on top of the router, the heat of the router is rising into it, too. So if it's hotter inside the modem, and it's surviving, it isn't likely what's causing your problem.

If the connection lights on the modem are going out, and the connection icon on the computer is, too, the most likely problem is a bad Ethernet cable, or loose connectors. Possibly the jack on either the NIC or the router is bad. If it's a multiport router, change ports. Change cables next. And if it's still a problem, try a new NIC. Changing ports is free. Changing cables is a buck or two. Changing the NIC is a ten-spot. And even though routers aren't blocks of gold, at that point you've still spent less than the cost of a new router, and the chance that you'll fix the problem is greater than if you replace the router first.

Reply to
Warren

hold it all together. Place breast side up in a large metal roasting pan. Bake in 325° oven covered for 2 hours. Remove cover, stick a cooking thermometer deep into one of the baby?s buttocks and cook uncovered till thermometer reads 190°, about another hour.

Pro-Choice Po-Boy

Soft-shelled crabs serve just as well in this classic southern delicacy. The sandwich originated in New Orleans, where an abundance of abortion clinics thrive and hot French bread is always available.

2 cleaned fetuses, head on 2 eggs 1 tablespoon yellow mustard 1 cup seasoned flour oil enough for deep frying 1 loaf French bread Lettuce tomatoes mayonnaise, etc.

Marinate the fetuses in the egg-mustard mixture. Dredge thoroughly in flour. Fry at 375° until crispy golden brown. Remove and place on paper towels.

Holiday Youngster

One can easily adapt this recipe to ham, though as presented, it violates no religious taboos against swine.

1 large toddler or small child, cleaned and de-headed Kentucky Bourbon Sauce (see index) 1 large can pineapple slices Whole cloves

Place him (or ham) or her in a large glass baking dish, buttocks up. Tie with butcher string around and across so that he looks like he?s crawling. Glaze, then arrange pineapples and secure with cloves. Bake uncovered in 350° oven till thermometer reaches 160°.

Cajun Babies

Just like crabs or crawfish, babies are boiled alive! You don?t need silverware, the hot spicy meat comes off in your hands.

6 live babies 1 lb. smoked sausage 4 lemons whole garlic 2 lb. new potatoes 4 ears corn 1 box salt crab boil

Bring 3 gallons of water to a boil. Add sausage, salt, crab boil, lemons and garlic. Drop potatoes in, boil for 4 minutes. Corn is added next, boil an additional

Reply to
Warren

and Gruyere cheese Flour eggwash (milk and eggs) seasoned bread crumbs

1 onion minced salt pepper butter olive oil

Pound the breasts flat (parboil first if using umbilical cords so they won?t be tough). Place a slice of ham and cheese on each, along with some minced onion then fold in half, trimming neatly. Dredge in flour, eggwash, then seasoned breadcrumbs; allow to sit for a few minutes. Sauté in butter and olive oil until golden brown, about 6 minutes on each side.

Shish Kababes

As old as the hills, this technique has employed seafood, beef, pork, lamb, poultry, and vegetables; just about anything can be grilled, and young humans are no exception!

High quality marinade (Teriyaki and garlic perhaps)

1 inch cubes of tender meat, preferably from the nursery Onions bell peppers Wooden or metal skewers

Marinate the meat overnight. Get the grill good and hot while placing meat, vegetables, and fruit such as pineapples or cherries on the skewers. Don?t be afraid to use a variety of meats. Grill to medium rar

Reply to
Billy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.