Zwave wiring question..

I just received a Zwave 300W dimmer and am trying to wire it up. The Zwave switch has four wires - black, white, red, and green.

I am replacing a two wire switch which controlled four hi-hat lamps each with a 75 watt bulb in them equalling 300watts, equalled to the dimmer's rating.

My question is where does the RED wire connect to? The diagram says black to black...white to white which goes to a circle called load...and Red directly to load. Does that mean the red and white go togehter?

If so, I tried that and when I turned on the dimmer, the lights were flickering rapidly.

If I left the Red wire out completely, the lights did not turn on at all.

Any ideas?

Reply to
SJ
Loading thread data ...

The red wire goes to the black wire going to the light. This is your load wire. The black to black is right, this is your incoming live. White to white is also right, this is your neutral, you may have to tie 3 neutral lines (white) together, one from the lights, one from your incoming power line and the one on the switch. The green is your ground and connects to a screw on the electrical box. Unfortunately since you connected ted to the white you may have shorted the triac in the dimmer, which may or may not have damaged it. Make sure you carefully read the instructions and get help BEFORE you try anything. I hope everything works out, but I still would suggest getting someone who knows what they're doing to help you. Good luck.

-Paul

Reply to
Paul

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.