x10 Yard lighting rnnng cable question

Hello,

I am building a retaining wall and a 2 tier garden system, within the retaining wall I will be istalling 240V Brick lighth approx 22 lights in total connected to 3 different X10 Relay Receiver (DIN Mounted) AD10, these DIN devices will be installed into a IP-66 rated weather proof distribution board that will be connected to my mains box.

I do have a problem thought I have to run underground conduit under a pathway, the local rules require a minimum depth for the conduit of 50cm and I am in the process of digging the trenches at the moment. Is there any suggestions from the gurus out there of how to get underneath the path without breaking it ? I was thinking of using a metal tube or a wooden steak to hollow out the ground but if there is an easier way I would love to hear it.

Thanks for that help Imran

Reply to
Imran
Loading thread data ...

Although messy, I have used a garden hose with high pressure nozzle. Use the hose in conbination with a pipe to push hose under path.

Reply to
D&SW

yep, that's what the dude I hired did when I needed to run irrigation pipe under the sidewalk. He had a special pipe/nozzle though. You could check an irrigation equipment store.

----------------------------------------------------- Note: I am a mere end-user with no financial stake in any products that I may discuss.

My Personal Website w/my Home Automation PC:

formatting link
last updated 4/11

Reply to
IVB

I've done it with a length of PVC pipe and the male part of a hose repair kit. Insert the threaded part of the kit into the end of a length of PVC pipe. Thread the garden hose into the other end. Use the water pressure and a some 'gouging' motion to push the pipe under the walkway. The hassle with this is you'll need to dig a trench perpendicular to the pathway that's deep enough to allow pushing the pipe. On the other side you need only dig a hole down to the point it'll come out. One you've made it under the walkway you can unthread the nozzle and hose, cut the pipe to length and leave it underground. I've done this on several paths (one up to 11' across) and while it's messy it does work quite well.

-Bill Kearney

Reply to
Bill Kearney

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.