X10 RF equipment - is there a difference between UK and US gear?

I'm in the UK and have many X10 items working succesfully. I now want some extra bits and bobs, specifically motion sensors and key fob remotes. They are a horrendous price in the UK but online in the US and from US based ebayers, quite affordable. My question is: will those X10 RF transmitters for the US market work with my exisiting UK gear?

Reply to
keiron99
Loading thread data ...

You haven't provided enough detail about which gear you want them to work with.

The RF frequency used in North America is 310MHz. Europe uses 433.92MHz. (Until about 5-6 years ago the UK used 418MHz but since then uses

433.92MHz.) European devices that receive RF will not work with devices that transmit 310MHz.

Eur>I'm in the UK and have many X10 items working succesfully. I now want

Reply to
Dave Houston

Looks like my plan won't work then! I just have basic dimmer switches, lamp modules and RF trasceivers and key fobs.

Rip off Britain...

Reply to
keiron99

Your transceivers will only work with European transmitters.

You can modify a transceiver made for the USA to work with 230V. You can find plans on the web.

For >

Reply to
Dave Houston

Thanks - but that's beyond my capabilities. Know of anywhere I could get one already modified?

Reply to
keiron99

Reply to
Dave Houston

Has anyone outside North America tried plugging a TM751 or RR501 into one of those 240V->120V travel voltage adapters - the ones that are actually transformers (usually autotransformers) and not switching converters?

I imagine the question is whether there's enough coupling between primary and secondary at 120KHz without having to add capacitance.

Reply to
Charles Sullivan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.