X10 commands with Keware componant

Hello,

I wold like to program a "dawn simulator" (simulateur d'aube en fran=E7ais) in VB6.

I have a CM11A controler, a lamp module which is supposed to accept extended codes and I'm using the Keware control in a VB6 form.

I want to set to a certain percentage the light intensity depending the time I read on the computer. For exemple :

At 6:00 set the light to 0% At 6:02 set the light to 5% At 6:04 set the light to 10% [=2E..] At 6:22 set the light to 50% [=2E..] At 6:43 set the light to 95% At 6:45 set the light to 100%

I have no problem for the calcul. No problem with the timers... I just can't go from, let's say, 10% to 20%.

Who could help me with this, please?

FL

Reply to
Frédéric Laurent
Loading thread data ...

What lamp module, specifically? I believe the LM14A is the only lamp module that responds to the extended codes. (Some Leviton switches also respond to them.) The ZIP cited below has VB source code showing how to send all commands. The Preset 0-63 codes work with the LM14A.

formatting link
If you want a better simulation, you can use microsteps with any lamp module (except those made by SmartHome). Each step is about 0.006%, requiring some

150 microsteps from full dim to full bright. If you use microsteps, I suggest putt>Hello,
Reply to
Dave Houston

FANTASTIC !

Thank you very very much Dave !

Your "Preset" button with a 00-FF range is exactly what I was needing. And more than all, you can do it without any foreign ActiveX (MsComm is a Microsoft ActiveX on every version of Windows)... what was my next question I intended to ask in a month or two! I think I'm going to have productive holydays!

With your solution, the dawn simulator will be up and running in a few days!

Thank you again!

FL

Reply to
Frédéric Laurent

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.