x-10 and radio controlled devices

Is there an x-10 module that can send radio control signals?

For example, let's say I happen to know the frequency my keychain remote sends when I lock my car door. I'm sitting at my PC and need to lock my car and I'm much too lazy to get up. (Obviously this is only hypothetical --- LOL). My special x-10 module sitting in the garage has been pre-programmed with the right frequency, so all I have to do is access it with my PC and send the signal to lock.

Is there any such module or am I dreaming?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Reply to
Al
Loading thread data ...

There are no X-10 modules that can do this.

Most RKE systems (at least those worth hav>Is there an x-10 module that can send radio control signals?

Reply to
Dave Houston

Can you elaborate a bit on this solution? The only thing I can find on the x-10 web site about the x-10 Power Flash module has to do with burglar alarms. I don't think this is what you are referring to.

Reply to
Al

Just to be clear, does this mean I would need to physically open the remote itself to wire in the UM contacts?

Sorry to be so dense.

Reply to
Al

Reply to
Dave Houston

Reply to
Dave Houston

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.