UPB dimmer switch (must be light almond)

I'm looking specifically for light almond colored UPB dimmer switches but not having any luck. Anyone know if they exist?

Thanks

Reply to
Kevin
Loading thread data ...

Do you mean "light almond" as in "almond, the color that's lighter than ivory" or as in "a shade of almond that is lighter than other almond switches"?

If it's the former, you can get almond UPB switches here:

formatting link
The pricier PCS brand are available at HomeControls and Worthington too.

- Mark.

Reply to
Mark Thomas

The only switches that have that fine a range of color selection are those from Lutron's RadioRA line. You can get danged near any color.

Tragically, however, they don't eff'ing sell replacement fascia. So when, and DO mean WHEN, you or your painter mucks one up you're faced with total replacement.

Otherwise they're absolutely rock-solid in their automation functions. Not cheap, but plenty of colors and THEY WORK. After more than a decade of futzing around with X-10 I have to say I'm delighted with how well these work.

-Bill Kearney

Reply to
wkearney99

Have you looked at: homeauto.com?

Kev> I'm looking specifically for light almond colored UPB dimmer switches but

Reply to
wallyc

I have thanks. They do have a variety of color samples

formatting link
including Ivory and Almond. I'm trying to convince my wife that one of the two has got to be a reasonable match.

Reply to
Kevin

Unfortunately I mean the latter ("light almond" a shade lighter than almond).

Thanks anyways.

Reply to
Kevin

Are you talking about switches side-by-side on the same wall plate? If they're not in the same box (and not directly next to each other) then it's really not that big a deal to have ivory on one side of a room and almond on the other. I have this in one room and never really notice it. But when they're together it's nice to have them the same.

Sometimes it's worth yanking everything in the box and replacing them with matching switches. I did this even in a wall plate that had a duplex switch (two switches in a single-gang assembly). I just got out the sawzall, cut the old box's mount from the stud and replaced it with a four-gang box instead of the double-gang box that was there. The only real hassle was in carefully repositioning the old BX cabling. There wasn't quite enough slack to let me put the switches exactly where I wanted in the new box. Fortunately the BX runs up into the attic and there was enough slack to feed a few extra inches down into the wall. A few strong tugs on the armored jacket gave me the extra inches needed. When doing a rework like this really try to use DEEP gang boxes as you often need to splice in extra leads and, as a result, use bigger wire nuts.

Since the (soon to be) wife has a tendency to leave lights lit, I'll soon be replacing a single-gang double-switch and outlet double-gang box in the kitchen with a triple-gang box containing the outlet and two single-gang controlled switches.

-Bill Kearney

Reply to
wkearney99

Ahem, can we keep the sales chatter down a bit? It's one thing to add a little pitch here and there when answering questions in detail. Let's keep it non-commercial here, shall we?

Reply to
wkearney99

If you give me a list I'll beat their price ...

Reply to
Brian

I understand your point, but I don't always know the best sources for buying gear, so the sales ads do serve a purpose.

True, I do like them better when they're answering a specific question, but still, it saves us a little time in trying to research the best deal.

Just FYI to Brian, I much prefer businesses who publish great prices to begin with, rather than make you do a lot of work finding the best price, and then go to them and ask for something better. That seems just a little disreputable to me somehow. Not trying to be offensive or personal, just telling you how I like to do business.

Chip

Reply to
Chip Orange

Bill -

Lutron announced at CES I believe, a new style RadioRA dimmer that is field-colorizable.

Charlie

wkearney99 wrote:

Reply to
Charlie Derk

Which is probably geared toward the 'large button' style; not the small button style I use. But if they've got 'em for small button master controllers then I'd certainly be in the market for a few.

-Bill Kearney

Reply to
wkearney99

HAI offers a Light Almond color change kit that matches Leviton on thier HLC line of UPB switches. PLus you dont have to use UpStart to set up the switches. Thats a big plus.

Reply to
Puddintain

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.