PR: United Security LiveShot Cellular Cameras @ Bass Burglar Alarms

PR: United Security LiveShot Cellular Cameras @ Bass Burglar Alarms

While not _strictly_ an HA product, these may be of interest to some here. A client asked me about them this afternoon and I had to say I didn't know anything about them. I got information from USP and added them to our online store.

These cameras, while a bit pricey, offer some interesting features. They capture several video frames upon activation (via a motion detector or a trigger from the HA system) and relay them to a cell phone with video capabilities. The cameras can sent text messages and / or audio along with captured images, allowing you to view and hear what's going on in the home from afar. They also can be triggered by a built-in temperature sensor, warning of potential pipe freeze-ups, etc.

Given the cost I doubt they'll be a major hit but I wouldn't be surprised to see other manufacturers following suit. That will bring prices down. Following is a URL (my website) for additional information.

formatting link

Reply to
Robert L Bass
Loading thread data ...

PR: GeoVision at BassBurglarAlarms.com

We have now acquired the GeoVision line of video surveillance (CCTV) and access control systems. Currently we are displaying online the PC-Based Digital Video Recorders (DVRs). We will add the rest of the product line to our online database over the next few days as time allows.

formatting link
GeoVision makes DVR cards for systems with

1 to 16 cameras. Recording speeds vary from 15 to 240 fps. Cards employ Wavelet, MPEG-4, MPEG4 (ASP) and the newest H264 compression format.
Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.