OEM components in Shell HomeGenie

Folks,

Shell has a service/products that provides a web based configuration for home monitoring called the HomeGenie. They provide a Motorola home router and a number of modules in combination with a web based service.

This type of capability is something I'm interested in using, but I'm really not interested in paying a monthly fee to use it (which is what Shell is requiring).

I'm quite comfortable with various home control systems - currently using HomeVision. However, HomeVision doesn't meet all my needs either.

Here's the deal - Shell is obviously OEM'ing a number of components and adding software, installation and services around the components. The webcam, gateway (router), and some of the monitors appear to come from Motorola.

The vexxing component that I really want is the wireless programmable thermostat. Honeywell has some wireless programmable thermostats, but thery're not connected to a computer - instead, their wireless between the thermostat and the HVAC connection.

Does anyone know which company Shell has OEM'd the Thermostat from?

What I'm really looking for is a system that I can securely access from the Internet, have a web page that allows me to see a few web cams, monitor the temperature and monitor if doors are opened. I also want to be able to set the thermostat to a specified temperature. I know exactly the design I want, but I'd rather piece together some turnkey systems than build it from scratch (I really don't have the time to spend on building this kind of stuff anymore).

Many thanks for any help anyone can provide!

Regards,

Steve

Reply to
johnwall
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.